Choosing one person to be your go-to provider can change your health—and your life. When you designate a Primary Care Provider, or PCP, you begin a long-term relationship with someone who knows your health history, medications, and background. Here are some ways a PCP helps you be your healthiest:
- Works with you to monitor your overall health and wellness.
- Helps you manage long-term health problems (for instance, diabetes, high blood pressure or depression).
- Finds a medical specialist if you need one (such as a knee surgeon or a heart doctor).
- Helps coordinate your care from other providers and monitors your treatment plans, test results, and medications.
- Suggests preventive care screening tests to detect problems before you even notice them (like a mammogram for breast cancer).
- Makes sure your vaccines are up to date to prevent illnesses (like the flu).
- Teaches you how to make better decisions about your health to prevent disease (for example, quit smoking, eat more nutritious foods, or manage stress).
TIPS ON FINDING THE RIGHT PCP FOR YOU
When you schedule your annual wellness visit, it’s a great time to choose a PCP, if you don’t already have one. Create an account and log in on regence.com, then choose “Find a Doctor” to search for a provider in your network.
- Search for the type of provider you want. PCPs often specialize in family practice, general practice, internal medicine, OB/GYN, pediatrics or geriatrics.
- Click on “More filters” to search for any factors that are important to you, such as the provider’s gender, location, office hours, language spoken, telehealth services, etc.
- Select “Add to compare” for the providers you are considering so you can view and compare their information, side-by-side.
After your first visit, evaluate how it went. Did you feel comfortable? Did they listen to you and explain things clearly? If you don’t think it’s a good fit, continue your search until you find a PCP who’s right for you.
CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT ON REGENCE.COM
If you don’t have a regence.com account, you’re missing out on valuable information and tools to help you manage your benefit costs. You can:
- See what your medical plan covers.
- Find a provider in your network.
- Estimate your out-of-pocket costs and compare prices.
- View and submit claims or claims for reimbursement.
- See your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements.
- Find forms.
- Get customer service support via online chat, secure messages, or by phone.
Go to regence.com and create your account today!