Just Make Smart Food Swaps
Choosing lighter options is a great way to reach your weight loss goals without feeling deprived. Eating just 50 calories less than you normally do every day can add up to 5 pounds lost in a year. Or cut 200 calories a day to lose 20 pounds! Small swaps like these can add up to big results:
• Choose crunchy carrots instead of chips— SAVE 105 CALORIES
• Instead of soda, have a sugar free seltzer—SAVE 140 CALORIES
• Use mustard instead of mayo on your sandwich—SAVE 90 CALORIES
• Make it open faced instead of using two slices of bread— SAVE 120 CALORIES
• Get coffee with milk instead of a vanilla latte—SAVE 160 CALORIES
• Switch to balsamic vinaigrette dressing instead of ranch— SAVE 105 CALORIES
• Get a thin crust pizza instead of deep dish—SAVE 330 CALORIES
• Ask for a skinless chicken breast instead of the thigh or wing— SAVE 50 CALORIES
• Get it grilled or broiled, instead of fried, crispy, or breaded— SAVE 150 CALORIES
• Try turkey sausage or meatballs, instead of pork or beef— SAVE 100+ CALORIES
• Use egg whites instead of the whole egg—SAVE 50 CALORIES PER EGG
• Choose low calorie ice cream instead of regular—SAVE 100+ CALORIES
If you are overweight and have prediabetes, losing just 5–7% of your body weight will reduce your risk for developing type 2 diabetes. That’s just 10 to 14 pounds for a 200-pound person.
More than 1 in 3 U.S. adults have prediabetes—and 80% of them don’t know it. This is a serious health condition that may lead to type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. Find out your risk at doihaveprediabetes.org.
Tip: If you already have type 2 diabetes, Livongo’s expert coaches can help you manage your weight to better control your condition. Learn more at join. Livongo.com/bledsoe (registration code: BLEDSOE) or call (800) 945-4355.